Ore microscopy and geometallurgical applicationsRegister
- February 20th-24th 2017
- UPM, Madrid
A one-week, hands-on introductory course of an essentially practical character, for beginners and / or professionals willing to upgrade their skills.
Schedule and equipment:
40 hours student’s work (50 % following explanations or discussing with professor, 50 % student’s personal work).
Fully equipped microscopy lab, with one modern microscope for each student.
- 1st day.- Reflected light optics. Anisotropic materials and polarization. Work with the RL microscope. Polished section preparation.
- 2nd day.- Systematic observation of properties and ore identification procedures. Qualitative and quantitative properties.
- 3rd day.- Ore identification_1: native elements, oxides, gangue minerals.
- 4thday.- Ore identification_2: sulphides, sulphosalts. Textural analysis and interpretation. Paragenesis.
- 5th day.- Applications to exploration and industrial problems. Automated microscopy. The CAMEVA System and geometallurgical applications.
February 20th-24th 2017; hours 15:00 to 19:00
Please see the following pdf for more information: